Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Saturday 19 January 2013

An offering to Janus

Since Charles Darwin's time
we have known that life  
"as we know it"
is - or is defined by - struggle.

So it's really not worth living by
judgmental beings who haven't the energy
to struggle and strive.
 
Thus life ("as we know it")
can repudiate itself.
Which may explain our two-mindedness
and reluctance towards suicide.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

auban,

Oh, I was excited when I saw that title! I can't stop smiling.

I've never had a poem written for me.

It means a lot. Thank you.

Wofl said...

Well, Janus, don't let that head expand TOO much. It was also an offering to the two-faced god. Thus respecting two beings at the same time :-)

See a bisexual version on one of my websites here:

www.irishmegaliths.org.uk/zCaldragh.htm

Anonymous said...

auban,

HeeHee, I wasn't too sure, so I decided to claim your poem as my own since he already has all those temples, statues, coins, etc.! I'm not usually that forward, but I'm sure he'll understand.

I've always liked him because he looks to the past and the future where I live in my head. It's the present I have a problem with.

He's also the god of doors and doorways, and I was a little stunned last night to find your tribute to that very same subject in all those photographs. Serendipity. Or synchronicity. Wonderful.