Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Friday 25 April 2014

Ever since I realised

that I was physically attracted more to
(and was physically attractive to)
certain kinds of men - even pale ones -
than to most kinds of pale-skinned women,
I have been 'uncomfortable' with ghetto-words
like gay, homosexual and (even) queer.
But now I have decided that there is a better,
broader, vaguer anthropological term that could be used:
the term that (probably unnaturally)
divides natural societies into Hunters and Gatherers.
I, like the man-loving men that I know,
am a gatherer, not a hunter. But this is not to say
that hunters do not gather, nor that gatherers do not hunt,
and not to say that all hunters are heterosexual,
nor that all male gatherers are gay...

No comments: