Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Tuesday 22 March 2016

The Caylus Concatenation

I have rarely quaffed cocktails
(just, very occasionally, typically sweet
English concatenations: gin and tonic,
Pimm's Number One, Americano.
But now that I am embarking on my Second
(mercifully shorter) Life of Quest and Ease
I invented my first cocktail, today, in fact - to please
the Bearz:

          LA CONCATENATION CAYLUSIENNE
          1 part dry Gin
          1 part Cinzano Dry (or Extra Dry; or Noilly Prat Dry)
          1 dash of 55% Absente absinthe.

"Delicious - and invigorating
(especially before - or after - masturbating*)."

* (see alternative rhyme below)

4 comments:

Jindra K. Hrdlička said...

I was with you on the recipe and will try it.
And as in many posts, masturbation has its way to "sneak in" at the end :)

Wofl said...

'Masturbating' was the first rhyme that came into my head.
Maybe 'suffocating' would have been better ?
What do you think, Jindra ?

(BTW I have put up around 4,500 posts, and masturbation features in no more than 17.
Do you suffer from Freudian or Catholic guilt ?)

Jindra K. Hrdlička said...

This sign :) means lightheartness.

Masturbation is fine in moderation.
17/4500 is even less than that.

At my age I do feel quilty now only if I have too many dumplings with svíčková.

Wofl said...

Did nobody tell you when you were young that masturbation made your nose drop off ? thus :)

;-)

Be careful of too much smetana with Bohemian plums in slivovice :
"Čerstvá slivovice mívá ostřejší chuť a je lepší nechat ji uležet několik měsíců až let"
I think the plums should not be too young, either.
Here we have little yellow plums at Midsummer:"Prunes de la Saint-Jean" - delicious in plum brandy or kirsch or Albanian plum-raki...