Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Preferences

I'd rather be insanitary than insane
(though not yet the second, I am indeed the first)
- on the other hand
I'd rather have Alzheimer's
than be a bureaucrat or any kind of crat,
or work in any kind of bureau, office
or officious, sedentary habitat.
I'd rather be homosexual than homogeneous
(though 'homosexuals'  now, alas! are wallowing
in self-sought LBGT homogenisation);
I'd rather live in sensual asexuality
than in unsensual normality.
I'd rather be a terrorist than Prime Minister,
and rather a string-quartet violist than either.
I'd rather be a tree
than William Shakespeare -
but rather Walter Whitman than a flea.

No comments: